11/26/2007

More Shit

My dear friends, today I'd like to talk to you about Medialine. Medialine is a web site that can be found on the Internets via the World Wide Web. It's a job posting site for people who are unfortunate enough to work in the TV industry. Hopefully none of you fall into that category, but the folks at Medialine do have a new and improved message board called Open Line Forum. This was the birthplace of Mighty Dyckerson.

With over 6,000 witty and insightful posts spanning over five years, I am somewhat of an icon there. And now, YOU, my loyal Mighty Blog readers, can join the fun!! All you have to do is click this link to Open Line Forum and register today! When you do, you'll be joining an exciting online community filled with lively discussion, hilarious comedy, and much much more! Plus I'll be gaining valuable referral points I can redeem for fabulous prizes!

I know what you're thinking: "But Dyckerson, I don't work in the media!" Well no problemo, senor! Medialine's Open Line Forum has a general discussion board designed especially for you! You can talk about anything from politics and current events to flatulence and body odor! And that's just ONE THREAD! So what are you waiting for?? Sign up today!!!!!

********************

While we're on the subject of the media, I thought I'd share with you a story from my days working behind the scenes in local TV. One of my earlier jobs was working in master control at a small independent station. Part of this job required me to make dubs of commercials to air during the station's programming. Pretty dull shit. Anyway, one day I had to dub off a copy of a hearing aid commercial. As a little experiment, I thought it would be interesting to dub the on-air copy without audio. That way, everybody would be running to their phones to order hearing aids!! So I dubbed the spot and stuck the tape on the shelf. It aired dozens of times for several months.....but nobody noticed.

True story.

17 comments:

The Middle Lifer said...

Hell ya, I am the prize winner!

MsPuddin said...

OMIGOD! you re almost famous! awesome!

Sassy Blondie said...

Why would I join something where they talk about stuff I have no idea about? Plus, it's really an identity theft scam, right?

Shame on you, Dyckie! ;)

The Middle Lifer said...

And I saw that hearing aid ad, it did run alot and with no sound. I can confirm its a true story, I used to flip the channel everytime it came on, was annoying as hell.

Mighty Dyckerson said...

Puddin - Whaddaya mean ALMOST?

Sassy - But darling, it's a chance for us to be closer together! Now give me your VISA number...

The - What???

Sassy Blondie said...

Dyckie-34D..oh wait, my VISA number?

Willo Keays said...

If you REALLY want to join Medialine .. you need to click THIS LINK instead.

I'm much more trustworthy than Dyck and won't re-rout your information into an identity theft ring.

~ Stacy ~ said...

Medialine. That's like, so last year. You sure this isn't an archive post?

sputnick said...

What a lovely story! And you do make an excellent point, the audio on hearing aid commercials is pretty useless since potential customers can't hear well anyway. Maybe you should have dubbed it with the audio set to quadruple volume, that way those who really needed it might have gotten the message.

puerileuwaite said...

The spelling is just way too close to "vaseline", and I'm worried that may be by design.

Mighty Dyckerson said...

Sassy - Are those real? I mean your VISA number of course!

Willo - No spamming on my blog! You're on report!

Stacy - You know what else is so last year? 2006!

Spitnack - If I did that, they wouldn't need hearing aids, now would they?? Better let ME do the thinking around here.

P - Well both of them do have good lubricating properties.

The Middle Lifer said...

Where the hell is my prize? And I don't want the toaster, it's got to be mo'better!

RevRee said...

Dyckerson, maybe you should bring back MEDIALINE FAMILY FEUD

ADW said...

Of course you did....

And I am not an amateur. At some things (=

Scary Monster said...

Um, yeah. Like me gots plenty of time to fuck around in a place where nobody shows me their tits

SHWING!

BottleBlonde said...

Unless this 'Medialine' features naked pics of monstrously hung men, I ain't hearin' it. Talk to the tits cuz the nips ain't listenin'.

Mighty Dyckerson said...

The - Ahhh SHUT UP.

RevRee - Survey says...Bad answer!

ADW - Do I know you?

Monster - Me suggest you learn how to post a link. CLICK!

Bot - Well I can't speak for the other guys, but.....