1/31/2007

RLS in the News!!!


I'm now convinced that people at NBC are reading my blog.

Surely recall a few months back when I wrote about Restless Legs Syndrome being nothing more than a bullshit disease made up by drug companies to market their products. Well did you catch the Nightly News tonight? Those bastards did a whole piece on Requip and RLS! It was right there in the third act, between the Iraqi Death Count and The Flossing of America. In case you missed it, the video can be seen here. (Sorry, you'll have to sit through a fucking commercial.)

Considering that Requip is an advertiser on NBC, it comes as no surprise that they went easy on them. I mean, they're not going to come right out and call them crooks...even though they clearly are. But I was hoping for at least a soundbite or two from a skeptic. Instead, NBC News just did a free three-minute ad for GlaxoSmithKlineFunkAndWagnalls. Is nothing sacred anymore??!

I wish to point out there is no hidden advertising here on The Mighty Blog. You'll find nothing here except truth, wisdom, and weiner jokes. I will never allow myself to be influenced by outside forces, nor will I sell myself to Madison Avenue in order to make a buck. That's the Dyckerson promise.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to relax, kick up my feet, and enjoy an ice-cold, refreshing bottle of Budweiser. Budweiser...the King of Beers. Available where ever beer is sold. And tell 'em Dyckie sentcha!

11 comments:

~ Stacy ~ said...

Fuck Budweiser with a blender full of croaked frogs!

Where's the Heineken, Mister Dyckerson?

You better come up with an answer before I become incredibly fidgety and involuntarily kick you where it counts.

In the little things...

Hahahahahahahaha!

I made a funny!

Get it?

Huh?

Do ya?

It's the little things that count.

[chuckle-snort]

Oh geez. I gotta lay off those pork rinds.

Mighty Dyckerson said...

Christ, how many Hineykins have YOU had tonight??

tfg said...

Damn, you fucked your CSS all up.

Mighty Dyckerson said...

I'm trying to convert my fucking template to the new fucking blogger, which means I have to rebuild the whole fucking thing from scratch. Fuckity fuck!!!

Old template reinstated for the time being.

Mel said...

Whats with you Americans and your shitty beer man?

Gimme an Okanagan Springs any day or even an Alexander Keiths..


oh and why bother fixing your blog on blogger?
the new beta is shit.
Go wordpress.. you know you wanna.

andy said...

Dude, I know that before you told me the "dyckerson promise" was something else. I should have damn well known that Tequila and Robitussin was not a good combo...especially when there's transvestite hookers around...I miss that toe...

Webmiztris said...

lol, my father in law has RLS...it's fucking creepy.

~ Stacy ~ said...

Not nearly enough Hineykins, Mr. Dyckerson. One cannot put limitations on such pleasures in life.

NAME: Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Restless Ball Bag Syndrome (RBBS). Hahhaha. Ball bag.

~ Stacy ~ said...

[snickers quietly and hands Dr. K a Heineken]

Mighty Dyckerson said...

Mel - Wordpress is a filthy whore.

Andy - Try Nyquil instead of Robitussin.

Miztris - Tell the lazy bastard to do some jumping jacks.

Stacy - That's how I feel about my pork rinds.

K - Didn't Rosie O'Donnell have that?