10/26/2006

Can You Read This???

What the hell is up with Blogger lately??! Not only can I not post on Medialine, but I can't even get to my own damn blog half the time!! Just take a look at the latest entries from their status page:


Friday, October 20, 2006: We’ve been having a bit of slowness this morning...

Saturday, October 21, 2006: Blogger was down for a little over three hours this evening, due to the near-simultaneous failure of a critical component and its backup...

Tuesday, October 24, 2006: Tomorrow we will have an outage of 60 minutes from 2p to 3p (Pacific Time) as we perform some hardware repairs...

Wednesday, October 25, 2006: We experienced an outage this evening due to a problem in our networking hardware...

Thursday, October 26, 2006: Whoops, somebody tripped on the power cord to our server and unplugged it from the wall...


OK, I made up that last one, but still! Is this place being run by fucking interns??! This is totally unacceptable. Breaking news could occur at any moment in Dyckersonville...and it is imperative that I have a reliable means of communicating with my associates.

Consequently, I am exploring other options for sharing my teachings with the world. One possible option: Wordpress. I don't know much about them yet, but it appears to be a pimped up version of Blogger - more options, features, etc. Of course, I don't need lots of bells and whistles. I am all about content. Top-notch content the whole family can enjoy.

Anyway, I'm open to ideas. Any opinions on Wordpress? Any other blogging tools out there for free or dirt cheap?? Any ladies want to meet me at Sharky's tonight around 11pm??


17 comments:

Willo Keays said...

Sharky's sounds swell. Send me a google map on how to get there!

puerileuwaite said...

I've heard good things about Wordpress. Apparently the dude there who runs it - his name is Roy - really seems to know a lot. It might be worth a try.

Mighty Dyckerson said...

Verrry funny, P.

Tripe Face said...

Whew. I thought I was banned from Dyckersonville when I could log on yesterday. Glad it was just a technical thing.

So my guess is no ladies showed up at Sharkys... am I right?

BBMD
Tripe

Pud said...

I've heard Wordpress is just as good as blogger. Both are a BIG pain in the ass. But hey~that's what you get from a free service.

ecp said...

Nah, Tripe... sometimes the tumbleweed at Dyckerville gets into the servers and Dyck has to shut down the site for a while to clean em out.

Anonymous said...

Dear Oh Mighty Dyckerson,
I can't help how much I love you. I'm aonymous, yet naked. Do you want to meet atSharky's Cafe in Southwood?? Love you sweetie! LLCoolBabe

Willo Keays said...

Just for the record ... that WAS NOT me.

blog Portland said...

You could always sell off some of your Star Wars figurine collection to fund web hosting.

Mighty Dyckerson said...

Tripe - I'm thinking they all went to the wrong Sharky's.

Pud - Thanks for the tip, skinny butt!

ECP - It's DyckerSONville, dammit!

Anonymous - Nice try...but how do I know you're not a Dyckerson hater in disguise??

McFatty - Already sold 'em all to buy crack.

Dykes Dog said...

I have been commenting on a friends wordpress. It doesn't bother me that much, but could if I had to do it often, that when I leave a comment I have to leave my email addie.

tfg said...

Doesn't Wordpress end up costing you money?

~ Stacy ~ said...

I love WordPress. 'Course, that's because I pay for my own web hosting, therefore I get all the bells and whistles. The free WordPress, (from what I looked into), kinda sucks. That's just my opinion, though. Blogger offers more editing options for free. WordPress makes you pay for the right to tinker with your template. But then, Blogger is notorious for tripping on the power cord... FREQUENTLY!

Gee, was that helpful?

P.S. LOL! @ Willo's "NOT ME" comment. Thanks for the laugh. Personally, I think it was that psycho psychiatrist chick (what's her name?). Then again, I could be wrong.

Anonymous said...

dyck - i'm sitting in the middle of marching band hell thinking about u. the current band is playing the theme song to TPIR! AND FEUD!!

wind blown and frozen hush

Yeah, him. said...

Apparently, you're not cool if you're not having blogger problems. I couldn't comment the other day and for the last day, I haven't been able to post to the other site, which is kind of not a good thing since it's a homework site. Yeah well...

Hopefully, they paid attention in class.....

Mel said...

I have wordpress & I think it might be my blog DD is talking about when she talks about the comments. Yeah, I feel kinda bad about that with the whole email address thing.

If I can change that, I will....

but other then that I like it.
Ilikeitalawt.

Their codes are easy for posting videos and pictures, it doesn't take as long to upload a post or picture, and yeah, there's other reasons but basically it boils down to personal preference (Ditch blogger)

karla said...

My husband loves Wordpress.

I, on the other hand, don't mind when you can't blog. I get smarter when I'm not able to read your posts.