2/03/2006

A Poem by Mighty Dyckerson

What food is this, I do not know
Something nasty on it grows
In my fridge is where it's been
It expired last April 10

A raunchy stench from it arose
It teared my eyes and stung my nose
I cried, "Oh God, what could it be?"
God said, "Beats the shit outta me!"

By now the odor has made me gag
So I grabbed an empty Wal-Mart bag
I dumped the crap right down inside
As I wondered what the hell died

I felt something land upon my feet
It wasn't veggie nor was it meat
I inspected the bag and what I found,
A hole in the bottom three inches 'round

The cheapass bag and rancid food
Had put me in a nasty mood
So to the fridge that shit returned
And another lesson learned

What food is this, I do not know
Something nasty on it grows
In my fridge is where it'll stay
Until my final dying day

16 comments:

Little Lamb said...

Ugh! again! Why oh why do I keep coming?

RevRee said...

Because coming feels so good!!!!

Little Lamb said...

I guess you're right. I have to see what he's up to.

Jodi said...

Lamb, I asked the same thing of myself after I read about the nastiness.

But revree, you win cookies for the best response.

Dyck, people are going to think I'm a puker. I'm just going to blame it all on you and direct them to this blog. I have to learn to read you before I have had anything to eat.

Mighty Dyckerson said...

I haven't puked in almost 17 years. It was a Tuesday, I believe. Remind me to post a story about that sometime.

RainStorm1212 said...

It's like a bad car accident---you can't help but to look.
Just don't post any pictures of severed nipples. LOL (

Little Lamb said...

Nice going Rain, give him ideas why dontcha?

Mighty Dyckerson said...

Severed nipples?! What an idea! Thanks Rain...and tell TG to un-ban me!

east coast producer said...

Read that whole poem in classic Edgar Allen Poe tone and it's FUCKING SCARRRRRYYYYYyyyYYYyyYYYY!

minwah said...

That's not really your fridge, is it?

Mighty Dyckerson said...

Of course not, dear Minwah, don't be ridiculous!

Mine is kinda dirty...

JoinUsForCake said...

WTF?!?!?! Dude, my fridge is MUCH cleaner than that! I now have the "inside edge" with TM, DD, AW, and the other DD!

MUHU-HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

Little Lamb said...

JoinUsForCake, is that a chocolate cake?

Mighty Dyckerson said...

Fridge cleaning is woman's work.

Lambo, get on it.

Little Lamb said...

I'm not cleaning your fridge. You made a mess, you clean it!

~ Stacy ~ said...

Bravo! Pure poetic mastery the likes of Shel Silverstein. [grin]

Truly. That was fun to read.

I could've done without that repulsive fridge image, though.